Friday, February 6, 2015

Fashion Blogger Spotlight: Kelly of Kelly Augustine

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)

Happy Friday!! Last week, you got to meet Margie of Margie Plus, and today, I’m so excited to bring you blogger Kelly of Kelly Augustine! Kelly’s bold and funky style and gorgeous photography make perusing her blog a true delight.  She exudes confidence through her blog, inspiring while she entertains.  Known for her fashionable and cute look books and Masque Magazine, Kelly is no stranger to the plus size blogging community! She is a plus size blogger YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Meet Kelly of Kelly Augustine

masquemag-nyc-street-art-1-SMALLBlog:  www.kellyaugustine.com
Height: 5’7”
Age and Location: 28, NYC/NJ
What made you want to become a fashion blogger?
I was blogging at a magazine for two years, and I’d always had an interest in fashion. I was covering fashion shows, and of course, I was dressing to attend. My friend snapped a picture of me and the rest was history. That photo ended up in magazines and really led me to think about turning the camera around on myself.

What are the challenges, if any, you face in being plus-size?
I wouldn’t call it a challenge, but I have a very tough time dressing my bottom half. I have an hourglass shape, so finding pants is such a painful process. For a very long time, I’d only worn skirts because of it. Luckily, a lot of pants have “give” now, so I’ve been able to pinpoint a couple of brands that really work for my body type. Other than that, I don’t really feel “challenges” because I’ve grown to love my body and I’ve taken the time to research what works for me. I also have a very loving, incredible support system so I never hear negative remarks towards my body.
rue107-cupcake-skirt-plus-size---2
What’s your favorite thing about being plus-size?
I love how different my body can make a garment look! Curves are an amazing accessory for any outfit and can literally transform a piece of fabric into something more.

What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger? A plus fashion blogger?
I really love the people that I’ve met since becoming a blogger. I also get incredible opportunities to do things I never, ever thought that I would and get a chance to release my creative energies, which leads to me just being happier overall.

Who/what are your favorite designers and brands?
Zero + Maria Cornejo is one of my absolute fashion brands; they’re so fuss-free and timeless. And I love Shayne Oliver’s IDGAF attitude when it comes to street style with Hood By Air. In plus-size specifically, I’m obsessed with Zelie for She’s approach to plus-size fashion.  There’s always a concept and story behind the designs, and the creative videos and lookbook shots get that message across – it creates a full experience. I also really love the edge of Carmakoma and 17Sundays; they’re so euro-chic. I dig how Lane Bryant has expanded their offering in the past year or so, and given us some very thoughtfully designed pieces. Overall, I just really love clothes, haha.

Describe your personal style.
My personal style is always changing, but what remains the same is how reflective of my mood it is. The past few months have been a transitional period for me, so I was wearing a lot of black. Now I’m focused and ready to get back into colors and leather – I feel like I should have been born in another era, I LOVE leather!

Any bloggers currently on your radar?
Diamond Mahone (www.DiamondJanae.com) is SO underrated. Monica (www.letitbeworn.com) is a newcomer on the scene and I love her minimalistic fashion sense. Blake Von D (www.blakevond.com) is SO stunning, Lalaa Misaki (www.lalaamisaki.com) is so fly and French, and Lulu Linden (www.lululinden.com) is so adorable. I also can’t wait to see what Essie Golden (www.essiegolden.com) does with her #GoldenConfidence campaign this year; it’s one of my favorite Instagram hashtags.

denim-on-denim-trench-coat-trend-3 (1)Anything else you want The Curvy Fashionista’s readers to know?
I’m making more videos now! Check out my YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/MASQUEmagazine. Also, remember to love yourself some YOU today :)

Be sure to check out Kelly’s blog at KellyAugustine.com!!

Do you dig her style? Which look is your fave? Let’s talk about it below!!

Are you a personal style blogger? Want to be featured? Make sure you shoot us an e-mail so that we can feature you!

- Repost by plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
From::http://thecurvyfashionista.com/2015/02/fashion-blogger-spotlight-kelly-of-kelly-augustine/

No comments:

Post a Comment