Friday, August 28, 2015

Fashion Blogger Spotlight: Katie of Toodaloo Katie

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)

Hope you enjoyed last week’s spotlight on plus size blogger Jolene of Boardroom Blonde.  Today, we keep the fun going as we meet up with British blogger Katie of ToodalooKatie.  Describing her style as a bit quirky, Katie loves showing off her inked thighs.  On her blog, Katie shares her personal style, tries out various beauty products, and offers lifestyle tips.  She is a plus size blogger YOU NEED TO KNOW!!

Meet Katie of Toodaloo Katie!

Fashion Blogger Spotlight:  Katie of Toodaloo KatieBlog:   http://www.toodalookatie.com/
Age:   26
Height:  
5’5″
Location:   United Kingdom

How long have you been blogging? 5 and 1/2 years

What or who inspired you to become a fashion blogger? What led you to it?
Back in 2010, I started my blog as part of my big life changing plan, where I put a second university degree on hold to spend a year in Paris, France exploring. As I did a bit of research, I discovered some amazing American and European plus size bloggers who inspired me to start documenting my daily outfits and style. I have always loved writing and sharing, and my personal style has always been a bit quirky so it made sense.

I never could have anticipated the amazing response, friendships and community that came out of blogging as soon as I moved to France. To this day, being part of the plus size community in France, then the UK and soon back in Canada, encourages me and keeps me inspired.

Fashion Blogger Spotlight:  Katie of Toodaloo KatieDo you blog full-time, for fun, as a hobby? Share your evolution!
I blog as a hobby but dream of having the time to do it full time. I would only go full time if I knew that I could invest the time properly into launching. I never want to take my blog for granted and always want my content to be interesting and exciting, so until I can put the time in to prepare myself for that, I will wait and continue to dream.

What is your favorite asset? Your legs, arms, waist? How do you play that up?
I have so many things that I love about my body – I haven’t always but through time and really working through my insecurities I have come to love a lot of me.

I love my legs and my thighs – since getting tattoos on my thighs I have a renewed love for my lower half.  I can’t wait to get them out at any chance I get.

Fashion Blogger Spotlight:  Katie of Toodaloo KatieWhat are the challenges, if any, you face regarding being plus size and/or your height?
At 5’5” I struggle as I would love to do more modeling but the industry is so restrictive. I have worked with smaller independent brands but agencies and larger brands are hard to convince.

My only other thought about height and the negatives is that I sometimes find that other people have a tendency to perceive shorter plus size with being “cute” over “sophisticated” in a more corporate setting. When I wear office wear, I find that I often feel as though people don’t see it on me the way that they do on a taller person who maybe exudes more of a presence due to their height – I can’t decide if this is directly related to height though.

What’s your favorite thing about being plus size and/or your height?
I just am comfortable with my height, and can’t imagine being taller or shorter. Although it sometimes means getting clothing hemmed, there is something nice about customizing something to fit you right – it feels special.

What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
The community that I am part of has always been number one. The friends I have made and the experiences that we have been afforded thanks to our little corners on the internet are amazing. I had the opportunity to do a shoot in Devon, UK with my bestie blogger Hollie from Pretty Big Butterflies, and it was amazing. We stayed in an incredible hotel on the beach, did a shoot in our bare feet in the sand and really got to experience something that I think is generally reserved for models and the upper echelon.

Fashion Blogger Spotlight:  Katie of Toodaloo KatieWho/what are your favorite designers/brands?
This is so hard as I love so many, so I have broken it down and hope that I haven’t missed anything major!
– Everyday: Asos Curve, Yours Clothing, Debenhams, Simply Be, Eloquii
– Designer: Navabi
– Budget: George at Asda (Walmart) – so many amazing budget friendly pieces and their A/W 15 is so good – keep an eye out.
– Quirky: Modcloth – I love that their plus size collection has lots of fun prints and cuts, and they offer a great variety of more individual pieces.
– Active Wear: State of Mind Active – I actually love their lounge/work out trousers – they stay up, are high waisted and look great. I can also bend over without my butt getting free – always a bonus!

Describe your personal style.
My style has always been a mish-mash of different things. I love to stay on trend and follow what’s happening in fashion, but will always add bits and bobs that I find a bit more quirky to my outfits. I want to stand out and look stylish but also look put-together and like myself. I love midi skirts and cute tops, and am fond of a good crop top in the Summer.

I love fun jewelry and tattoos too!

Which bloggers inspire you? Plus or straight size! Any bloggers currently on your radar?
It would be very hard to name just one, but here are some of my favorites: Hollie from Pretty Big Butterflies, Margot from Margot Meanie, Stephanie from Nerd About Town, Karen from Killer Kurves, and Gaelle from The Curvy and Curly Closet.

What do you think about where plus size fashion is today versus a few years back?
I have noticed a massive difference in plus size fashion in Europe with the USA and then Canada following a bit slower behind. All of a sudden we are seeing areas that never had plus size options, like bikinis, bridal wear and big busted lingerie to name only a couple becoming important. Brands like Eloqui doing 26 + lookbooks and plus sizes on the catwalks. Although we have a long way to go, I feel that my options are much less limited to what they were even just 5 years ago now. I think considering all the trials and stigma attached to the plus size industry, it has made strides in the last few years, and I can’t wait to see where we are in another 5.

Fashion Blogger Spotlight:  Katie of Toodaloo KatieWhat do you think or hear from readers, is one of the biggest myths about plus size fashion?
For me, the myth that I hear the most often is that only certain sizes can wear certain types of clothing. GET OUT! I hate this idea that something is reserved for someone smaller, taller, shorter or whatever. If you like something, wear it – better yet, if it makes you feel good, then most definitely wear it.

Are you working on anything or have anything to share? Anything else you want The Curvy Fashionista’s readers to know?
Follow me on Instagram – some weeks, thanks to work, I am less busy on my blog, but I always update my Instragram, so connect with me there too! www.instagram.com/ToodalooKatie

Be sure to check out Katie’s blog at ToodalooKatie.com!!

Do you dig her style? Which look is your fave? Let’s talk about it below!!

Are you a personal style blogger?  Want to be featured?  Make sure you fill out your deets here, so that we can feature you!

- Repost by plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Source::http://thecurvyfashionista.com/2015/08/plus-size-fashion-blogger-spotlight-toodaloo-katie/

No comments:

Post a Comment