Tuesday, September 1, 2015

An Interview with Celebrity Photographer: Vijat Mohindra

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)

Fierce pic via Artmix

Go deep into the heart of Young Hollywood and you will find Vijat Mohindra as one of the most sought after photographers on the scene. Known for his edgy and playful celebrity portraits  and amazing editorial work, Vijat’s work has been described as “Neo-Pop and Hyper-Modern.”

Most notably, Vijat is breaking barriers with his work that features plus-size women and transgender people such as Sharon Gualt and Amazon Ashley! He should come with a caution sign, because he will  suck you into his world with his boyish charm and mad skillz.

Vijat took time out of his crazy hectic schedule to talk with us! Are you excited to learn more about the photographer who has shot the likes of Miley, Nikki Minaj, and Kim Kardashian?

all about vijat collage

What inspired you to become a photographer?

I fell in love with photography when I was really really young. I have always had an appreciation for art. When I was younger, I remember that my Mom did a series of black and white photographs and I was so in love with them, that they inspired me to play with the camera!  My mom saw that I took an interest to the camera and she got me my very own! From the first flash I loved shooting and I would shoot everything and anyone!

I went to Art Center College of Design, and this is when I started thinking, “What am I going to do with my life?” This is when I really started focusing and photography became my path.

What Photographer has influenced you the most? 

There are 3 who have been a major influence! David LaChapelle, Mert and Marcus, and Miles Aldridge!  With David LaChapelle, I have looked up to him since I was  young.  I just love the little worlds he creates, these real believable characters with his photography. Oh and of course, he has photographed every famous celeb ever.

How would you describe your signature style of photography?

My photography is allot of color, I do mostly color photography and love black and white photography as well, but I’m soooo into Color.

Where do you draw your inspiration for a shoot from?

Everything around me… online, anything I can find really!

Do you prefer indoor shoots at your studio or outdoor location shoots?

I prefer any work-related jobs at my studio because I have all my set equipment, lighting, old school movie lights, basically every kind of light you want to do a shoot with, I can do at my studio! But I do love on location shoots for the natural lighting.

What/who is/are your favorite subjects to work with?

Transgender models are my number one favorite type of people to shoot, like Amanda Lepore and Amazon Ashley.

collage ashley and amanda

What is your favorite genre to photograph?

I have my top two favorite genres to shoot, which are Plus-size and Transgender. I also LOVE the plus size form. With plus size women and photography, it is art! And plus size art, it’s beautiful. I also dream of shooting more transgender people for everything.

Who is your favorite Plus Size beauty you have photographed?

Sharon Gault who as you know is a muse to David La Chapelle.  She is a 90s art icon. She has so much confidence and is really fun to shoot with!

Who is your favorite plus size subject right now?

Brande by the way, she does nails in Hollywood she is amazing! Love her!

brande by the way

 

Felicity Hayward

Who is your Dream Plus Size Celebrity or Model you would like to Shoot?

Beth Ditto from the band Gossip.  I would love to shoot her,  She is EVERYTHING! She is so talented and it would be amazing to work with her. I love her band.

Priscilla Ono

 

What have you been up to? Do you have any cool new projects for us too look at ?

The Other Pictures is my newest project! It’s using a paparazzi flash for capturing everyday items and elevating the everyday item to celebrity status, turning it into pop culture.

Thanks so so so  much to VijatM for the Interview!! 

Last Spring with VijatM and Model Felicity Hayward in Santa Monica!

ArtMixCreative

VijatM

TheOtherPictures

- Repost by plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Source::http://thecurvyfashionista.com/2015/08/sugar-interviews-celebrity-photographer-vijatm/

No comments:

Post a Comment