Friday, September 25, 2015

Fashion Blogger Spotlight: Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)

Happy Friday!  Are you stepping up your fall fashion game?  We hope you’re finding plenty to get inspired by over here at The Curvy Fashionista.  A great source of style inspiration can be other bloggers, so we’re always happy to introduce you to more fabulous plus size bloggers.  Last week, you met Austrian blogger Jasmin of Finding Fate.  This week, we’re back here in the States, with Washington DC based blogger Vivi of Heart, Print and Style.  Through her blog, Vivi shares her personal style, style inspiration, television and runway fashion, sports talk, and  more!  She is a plus size blogger YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!

Meet Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style!

Plus Size Fashion Blogger Spotlight- Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style on TheCurvyFashionista.com #TCFStyleBlog:   www.heartprintandstyle.com
Age:
  34
Height: 
5’5″
Location:   Washington D.C.

How long have you been blogging?  5 years

What or who inspired you to become a fashion blogger? What led you to it?
It was a combination of two things:
1) My sister. She was heavily into reading personal blogs and fashion blogs. Especially, fashion, y’know, for style inspiration. She stumbled upon Gabi’s blog (at the time, Young, Fat, and Fabulous) and immediately told me about her. Since she knew I loved style and liked blogging (I had a personal blog), she thought it would be good to combine both.
2) I was laid off a year prior and finally came to a point when I needed another outlet. So my sister’s idea kind of clicked. And…here we are.

Do you blog full-time, for fun, as a hobby? Share your evolution!
I blog for fun and as a hobby. I’m sure a lot of folks in my life wished I took it a bit more seriously aka making it a business/brand. But that’s just an overwhelming thought right now. However, I’ve been making eensy weensy strides towards making my blog a brand. It’s a start.

Plus Size Fashion Blogger Spotlight- Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style on TheCurvyFashionista.com #TCFStyleWhat is your favorite asset? Your legs, arms, waist? How do you play that up?
My favorite asset is my smile. I show it off a lot throughout my photos.

What are the challenges, if any, you face regarding being plus size?
I’m 5’5″, average height. My challenge is finding items that can complement my apple shape (most of my weight is shifted to the middle). This mostly comes into play with pants/jeans. A constant struggle.

What’s your favorite thing about being plus size?
Honestly, knowing that, yes, I do have style and, at times, can outshine anyone in the room despite my size. On the shallow side, I do love my DD boobs.

What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
My favorite thing about being a blogger is having a platform to express myself in a multitude of ways. Besides being into style and showcasing my plus size style, I love the NBA, going to events, watching TV, doing recaps of award shows, etc. So I try to inject those interests into my blog from time to time.

Plus Size Fashion Blogger Spotlight- Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style on TheCurvyFashionista.com #TCFStyleWho/what are your favorite designers/brands?
ASOS, Old Navy, Simply Be, and Torrid (mostly for W/WW stylish footwear), Elie Saab (A wish of mine is to have a custom dress). However, most of my clothes are from thrift stores, consignment stores or vintage boutiques.

Describe your personal style.
Simplistic with a hint of color/print.

Which bloggers inspire you? Plus or straight size! Any bloggers currently on your radar?
It changes each year! Shoo, sometimes monthly!

Okay, right now, it’ll be:

  • Atlantic-Pacific
  • The Werk! Place
  • Beauticurve
  • From the Rez to the City
  • A Loyal Love
  • 2 Scoops of Life & Style (Nikki displays her style more on her Instagram page)

What do you think about where plus size fashion is today versus a few years back?
Oh it’s getting so good. Yeah, there are still a few stores/brands that treat us like shit. Besides that, for the most part, I’m loving it. More options, more styles! New plus size designers popping up here and there. It’s been nice to witness the change during my time as a lifestyle blogger. Five years is a long time but within the fashion industry, it’s pretty darn short. So such a quick change within that time frame is a good thing to be proud of. And honestly, thanks to us, plus size bloggers and readers, for guiding that change.

Plus Size Fashion Blogger Spotlight- Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style on TheCurvyFashionista.com #TCFStyleWhat do you think or hear from readers, is one of the biggest myths about plus size fashion?
That our style can’t be inspiring. That our style can’t match up with those from the straight size world just because of our body type. That’s insane to me. I derive inspiration from both plus size and straight size. I can easily look at a straight size style and become inspired. I can easily look at their pieces and quickly find something similar in the plus size world. But you mean to tell me a straight size woman can’t derive inspiration from what a plus size woman is wearing? That’s bs.

Are you working on anything or have anything to share? Anything else you want The Curvy Fashionista’s readers to know?
I guess the only thing I’m working on is evolving from my blog into a brand. Besides that, nothing on the horizon.

I’m on multiple social media platforms:
Instagram – @heartprintandstyle
Twitter – @Vivi_HPS
Facebook – /heartprintstyle
Pinterest – /heartprintstyle

Plus Size Fashion Blogger Spotlight- Vivi of Heart, Print, and Style on TheCurvyFashionista.com #TCFStyleLastly, what does Curvy.Confident.Chic mean to you?
I believe that’s what I embody. When I head out of my door, I know that I’m a curvy/plus size woman, who appears confident outwardly and inwardly (an everyday process), and whose style is chic and on point.

Be sure to check out Vivi’s blog at Heart, Print and Style!

Do you dig her style? Which look is your fave? Let’s talk about it below!!

Are you a personal style blogger?  Want to be featured?  Make sure you fill out your deets here, so that we can feature you!

- Repost by plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Copy from::http://thecurvyfashionista.com/2015/09/fashion-blogger-spotlight-vivi-of-heart-print-and-style/

No comments:

Post a Comment