Monday, September 29, 2014

30plusstyle: Sangria on the Rocks

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)


Dress-BooHoo, Skirt-Old Jessica London(Similar), Shoes-Old Zara(Similar), Sunnies-Target


We are back today with another edition of the #30PlusStyle! Today’s challenge was one of Pantone’s leading colors for Fall 2014 Sangria! It’s such a bold color that I knew I wanted something flirty, sexy and feminine for this challenge. I was amazed at how much I found in the Sangria color family available in plus-size clothing from leather skirts, dresses, pants, and outerwear.

I fell in love with the dress on Boohoo’s site and was ecstatic when I saw it came in a shade of Sangria. I immediately fell in love with the bold color and ruffled top. But alas when I received the dress it did not fall in love with me, le sigh. It was way too tight around my belly and I wasn’t comfortable wearing it. I had no idea what I was going to do. I contemplated sending it back but I loved the way the top fit so much I that I came up idea to tuck into a skirt and make it a top.  Voilà, a look was born.  One of the things I realized that growing up plus size made me and a lot of you resourceful with our wardrobe. I spent years working with my seamstress, changing details and retooling items to create the looks I wanted. I don’t want to lose this spirit just because I have more shopping resources available to me.  Have you ever not wanted to give up on an item and end up using it for something else?

30plusstyle is still looking for guest bloggers to join us on a future post, for consideration contact us at 30plusstylecollab@gmail.com and be sure to include your blog's URL. Head over to check out the rest of the ladies take on “#30plustyle: Sangria on the Rocks “and check out our Facebook page for more #30PlusStyle Inspiration www.facebook.com/30plusstyle.

In My Joi
Pretty Plus Pepper
Grown and Curvy Woman
Pumps and Studz
Mode-Plus
- Đăng lại bởi plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Original post::http://thejenesaisquoi.blogspot.com/2014/09/30plusstyle-sangria-on-rocks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment