Monday, September 29, 2014

30Plusstyle:Sangria On The Rocks

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)The 30plusstyle bloggers are coming back at you with looks showcasing the Pantone color of the season... 
Fedora & Polka Dot Blouse/ Old Navy| Jeans/Amethyst | Cranberry Tote/Lauren Conrad |
Burgundy Wedge Pump/Halogen-Nordstroms | Lip Color/HomeGirl-Kat Von D


Pantone color post, my friend informed me that she had never heard of Pantone, color of the year, etc. etc. So for those of you in the same boat, here's a bit of background:

Pantone is a company that consider themselves the global leader on color in consumer trends and claim to go to extensive lengths to determine what will be the color of the year. According to Pantone, this process includes interviewing designers all over the world in addition to analyzing the sales of color swatches. If Pantone doesn't predict a color to be on trend, the selection of items/garments in non trending colors will be scarce, on the flip-side, if a color is on trend, then items will be readily available.  Since sangria is the color of the season, you will find it everywhere, from faux leather, to boots, gloves, coats, sweaters, etc. It doesn't just affect the fashion industry, it's any industry that has to do with color i.e textiles, interior design, home goods, furniture, and even right down to crafting materials.  Case in point, a few years ago, I wanted red boots and no matter where I looked could not find them anywhere. Pantone obviously said no to red that year and shoe designers did not produce boots in red, hence the availability of red boots was few and far between. 

Back to sangria..
I know that you are thinking this color looks similar to oxblood (Fall 2013's color), burgundy, wine, or possibly bordeaux. My sentiments exactly!  But for the sake of Pantone, I will refer to this color as Sangria ;) Since the shades of burgundy have been trending  for a couple of seasons, I have managed to stock pile some great accessories & pieces in this rich hue. Normally, the 30plusstyle collaborative posts have me scratching my head as to what look to show, but I was looking forward to this post because burgundy sangria is one of my favorite colors.
I love jeans and practically live in them so decided to show my typical weekend ensemble. Even with approximately 20 pairs of jeans, I tend to always be on the lookout for my next new favorite pair. Currently, I am loving these jeans by Amethyst. They are available in regular and plus size, affordable at approximately $30-$35 a pair, and fit my body shape better than some of the higher end brands. These jeans have a slight boot cut, are stretchy and comfortable, yet doesn't get too stretchy where they become extremely loose as the day wears on, ugghh....I really hate when that happens.
Both my blouse and fedora are from Old Navy and available in stores now. Buying pieces in the same season from the same retailer takes away the mystery of playing the color match game, but like my cranberry tote, I also like to rock a variation of the same hue.

Being a style lover is very expensive, but investing in a few key pieces or accessories each season is a very affordable way to stay on trend. How do you update your wardrobe each season?

Until next time, Stay Fab!





Ps.Be sure to sign up to my newsletter launching the end of this month, you could win a $25 DSW gift card. To sign up or for more information, click here.



Don't forget to check out the other 30plusstyle bloggers' take on sangria and be sure to to visit & like the 30plusstyle facebook page.
inmyjoi.blogspot.com
thejenesaisquoi.blogspot.com
PrettyPlusPep
mode-plus.com
grownandcurywoman.com

30plusstyle is looking for a guest blogger to join us on a future post. For consideration, email us at 30plusstylecolab@gmail.com

- Đăng lại bởi plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Repost from::http://pumpsandstudz.blogspot.com/2014/09/30plussizesangria-on-rocks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment