Saturday, September 27, 2014

Always the Bridesmaid....

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)
I’ve been a bridesmaid 4 times - held the bouquet, posed for the pics, lifted the dress while the bride does a wee, you name it I’ve done it! Now while US rom coms lead us to believe that bridesmaids are obliged to wear dodgy dresses, I’ve been fortunate enough to avoid the meringues and most importantly sh**ing in a sink.
The Dress Debate
No matter what shape or size, every bridesmaid feels nervous when the subject of the dress comes up. Will the colour suit me?  Will the cut suit me?  Are we all wearing the same dress? Being photographed next to other women for the day can be intimidating if you are wearing the same dress, so brides take note â€" if you really want your bridesmaids in the same dress, make sure to pick a shape that suits everyone.
Gwen's wedding 2010 
All together now!
For Ciara, Gwen and Nessa’s wedding, all of us bridesmaids wore the same dress. Being the curviest of the bridesmaids I was slightly nervous, but it wasn’t long before I realised that, no matter what size, we all had hang ups and insecurities. Thankfully, on each occasion, all brides were open to discussion and found dresses that both suited and fitted all of us.
Nessa's wedding, 2005
The best thing about these sleeveless dresses is that they are easily altered so even the boobiest or flattest of bridesmaids can feel comfortable. Gwen did have capes for any of us that felt conscious of our arms, and although we chose not to wear them in the end, it was nice to have the option on the day.
Ciara's wedding, 2007
Ciara suggested we wear our hair however we liked which was nice to be able to add a little bit of individuality to our dresses.
Vicki's wedding, 2014 
Alternative
Vicki gave me the ultimate bridesmaid shopping experience, she gave me a colour scheme and allowed me pick my own dress. With one other bridesmaid, Nikki, (on another continent!) we shared info on material colour and she had a dress made by her lovely mum in the same colour in a style and shape that Nikki designed. Everyone’s a winner! On the day, myself and Nikki felt comfortable, fabulous and individual. One bit of advice though… should you be buying a dress for a beach wedding.. don’t buy one in the Coast Winter collection with a heavy lining. (#sweatin).
 
So four bridesmaid dresses later, I can safely say the bond shared between brides and fellow bridesmaids is much more than the US rom-com stereotype suggests. So Nessa, Ciara, Gwen and Vicki, love you guys and thanks for not putting me in this…..
 
K x



- Đăng lại bởi plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Source link::http://www.alittlebitplus.com/2014/09/always-bridesmaid.html

No comments:

Post a Comment