Monday, September 29, 2014

"On The Grind” - Essie Golden

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)

When I think of a model hustler I think of this young lady. She demonstrates many of my characteristic when I first started modeling. 


Our next "On The Grind” model is Ms. Essie Golden.

Christina: Have you always wanted to be a Plus Size Model? 

Essie Golden: Yes, I had seen a advertisement with Mia Amber; I wanted to be her. I had never seen a woman with a similar body type look so beautiful. She inspired me so much growing up.

Christina: Do you want to be signed? If so, have you contacted any agencies?

Essie Golden: Yes and no. Agencies have the connections with major brands that I don't have. They can also handle more of the business side and they make sure the models receive the money they're suppose to. On the down side, a lot of signed models don't get any work. They get over looked by their agency and have to find work just like me. In some cases the agency will take a percentage of that money for jobs that you got yourself. 







Christina: How did you feel when you received that first agency NO? 


Essie Golden: You know what, I've never heard no. I just never heard back. I keep pushing and I keep going. 


Christina: Has anyone ever made you feel less of a model because you didn't have an agent? 


Essie Golden: Yes, all the time. I try not to focus on that. I get paid work and that's a blessing. I work hard at trying to be the best model I can be. I'm grateful for the brands who've taken a chance on me. 


Christina: What are some of the brands you have worked with?


Essie Golden: Rue 107, Nakimuli, Essence Magazine,  Tikedi, Lucky 21, Ose Uh-seh, Out of the Corner online boutique and a few others.


Christina: How do you get most of your jobs?  


Essie Golden: I submit my photos to them and ask if they're looking for models or they contact me. 


Christina: Do you model full time? 
If no, what is your other hustle?

Essie Golden: I work a 9-5. I look forward to the day were I am making good money from my dreams.




Christina: If you could use 3 words to describe your “modeling hustle” what would it be?


Essie Golden: Creative, social media savvy (I know more than 3 words), ambitious 


Christina: Who are your model inspirations? 


Essie Golden: Mia Amber, Tara Lynn, Christina Mendez, Denise Bidot, Fluvia Lacerda, Jeanie Ferguson, Liris Crosse, Toccara, and Christina Mendez


Christina: In 5 years where would you like to be? 


Essie Golden: I would love to have a few major campaigns under my belt, commercials, graphic t-shirt line and a successful body positive movement of my own helping women of all shapes and sizes. 


Christina: Any final thoughts for our fellow aspiring and professional model on the grind? 


Essie Golden: Don't be afraid of the word no and don't get scared from those stagnant moments. The work will come stay focused, positive and pray as much as you can.





Learn more about Essie and follow her hustle:
www.facebook.com/EssieGoldenPlusModel
www.essiegolden.com
www.essiegolden.blogspot.com
Instagram: Goldenlady25
Twitter: Goldenlady_25
Tumblr: Goldenlady25





- Đăng lại bởi plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Copy from::http://happycurvyyou.blogspot.com/2013/11/on-grind-essie-golden.html

No comments:

Post a Comment