Saturday, September 27, 2014

I Rest My Case!

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)Since my last holiday, I think I have the packing situation sewn up but a new trip, (especially a big one) definitely warrants a new suitcase. The thing is, my favourite case is vintage. My mam bought it for me from a charity shop and it was a real find. To make the case even more special, it turned out it had once belonged to my great Aunt, the ever so glam, Aunty May.
My vintage case, not for the baggage carousel. 
While carrying it from car to hotel lobby in Ireland is perfectly safe, I wouldn't send it to the scary world of International Airports, I can just imagine a scene from Border Control, "Ma'am we've had to force open your case" NOOOOOOO! So, with that in mind, my 1940s vintage duck egg case is staying behind. Sorry old friend, I guess the baggage carousel will remain a mystery to you.

Deciding to buy a new case was the easy part. Deciding on what size, brand, colour and price range? Not so easy.
Ted Baker Cabin Case, 345e (ouch!) 
My sister recently bought a new Ted Baker cabin case. It is fab! I'm not gonna lie, it's fairly expensive. She purchased in the airport and got a big discount but at 300 odd this is still working out too expensive for me, not to mention far too small for me to fit two weeks worth of clothes in. My bikinis are DD, they ain't teeny weeny.

So I knew size - wise I needed something bigger than cabin case. Price - wise I somewhere between Ted Baker and Pat the Baker.
After a few weeks trawling the internet looking at endless case options, my friend Erin introduced me to Tripp. It was reliable, economical, fashionable and above all collectible. The idea is that you buy one case now, and then build your collection over the years in the same colour. Colour..... what to choose.
Tripp case, start a collection! (79 euro for large size) 
I decided on yellow. I thought it would be handy to spot on a baggage line and.. well it's my favourite colour. In Debenhams they are on sale for 79 euro and are well worth the investment. The out of office reply is on.... and the case is packed!

See you in a few days Australia!

K x




- Đăng lại bởi plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Source post::http://www.alittlebitplus.com/2014/08/i-rest-my-case.html

No comments:

Post a Comment