Saturday, September 27, 2014

For Tux Sake!

HTML email (plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com)

“Barbies” and “Slutty Nurses” are usually the dreaded dress code when it comes to hen parties. So it took me by surprise when my latest hen party invite said “tuxedo”. Firstly I rejoiced that I could leave the pink sequins area of my closet behind, but then I had some reservations…. How can a girl with curves pull off the most masculine look in fashion history?

It was time to get creative and start with some inspiration…..       
Old School?
40s style Nigella?
Buttoned down shirt?
Monochrome Jumpsuit?
Full Suit?
My big boobs ruled out the classic shirt and bowtie look straight away. A buttoned up shirt would add on unnecessary pounds and leaving it open seemed slightly too risque for my DD’s… even for a hen night! My friend Erin pulled off the shirt and tie look perfectly, her long body and slim figure was the perfect combo and it looked great!
Erin and Leo ricking the tux look! 
My sister Nessa went for the button down shirt, and with her humble sized boobs, she was able to look sexy, not slutty!
 
I eventually decided that a black jumpsuit would be the perfect take on the classic androgynous look. Teamed with the perfect bowtie accessory, pictured below, from Fabricate Designs, and Mac's Morange lippy, I was tux’ed up in no time while still feeling comfortable and glam.
When I saw all 20 of the hens, I soon learned that no matter what shape or size, whatever way you interpret “tuxedo”, or indeed any dress code, the main thing is to feel comfortable and glamorous and above all, ready to hit the town, which we did…

- Đăng lại bởi plussizebabydolldress.blogspot.com -
Original post::http://www.alittlebitplus.com/2014/07/for-tux-sake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment